Implants are becoming a more popular alternative to dentures and bridges, restoring your smile easily and effectively. As the most advanced solution for your missing teeth, implants will allow you to talk, eat, and smile naturally and with confidence. Besides their natural appearance, implants offer the advantages of improved comfort and unequaled convenience. If you're looking for implant dental work in the Manhattan area, trust New York City's most trusted dentist in NY Smile Specialists. We can discuss any considerations and assist you in making the right decision for your needs.
Regardless of your age or the number of teeth you need to replace, we can come up with a dental implant solution that is right for you. Other than growing children, anyone can benefit from implants, including those with the following health concerns:
Existing Medical Conditions
– Generally, if you are able to sit through a routine dental treatment, then you can have an implant placed. While there are precautions that should be taken for people with certain conditions, patients with chronic diseases like high blood pressure and diabetes are usually successful candidates for dental implant treatment.
Gum Disease or Problem Teeth
– Almost all implants placed in patients who have lost their teeth to periodontal disease or decay have been successful.
Currently Wearing Partials or Dentures
– If you have removable bridges or dentures, implants can be used to replace these or to stabilize your dentures to make them more comfortable.
– While the success rate of implants is lower for smokers, it is still possible for smokers to get them. Ask us for more details and information.
– People who have lost teeth or periodontal disease commonly suffer from bone loss. Our oral and maxillofacial surgeons have the experience and training necessary to safely and permanently secure the implant.