Cosmetic Dentistry Services in New York City, NY
Crooked or stained teeth can ruin your confidence and prevent you from showcasing that beautiful smile. At NY Smile Specialists, we know how much people dislike having to hide their smile. Fortunately, our New York City, NY staff is capable of providing a full smile makeover. Helping your teeth shine and knowing that you're able to show off your beautiful smile brings us deep pride. That’s why we only use top of the line dental technology and products to quickly and effectively correct the aesthetic appearance of your smile.
today for more information on our professional cosmetic dentistry services!
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Veneers are a great solution to improve the appearance of your smile. These thin, semi-translucent customized coverings are made of a porcelain material and permanently bonded to your teeth. Veneers closely resemble the color of natural tooth color and are resistant to coffee and tea.
Veneers are commonly used to correct the following problems:
- Spaces between the teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Unsightly, stained or discolored teeth
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
Veneers allow the possibility of subtle changes to your smile without orthodontic treatment, completed in just two office visits. With proper oral hygiene, you can expect longer-lasting results.
Please contact our office if you have any further questions on veneers.
Cosmetic bonding is a common solution for the following:
- Fixing or repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Reducing unsightly gaps or spaces between teeth
- Hiding discoloration or faded areas on the tooth’s surface
Perfect for improving the appearance of your teeth and enhancing your smile, this procedure involves bonding a composite resin to the existing tooth. The dentist will lightly etch the surface of the tooth to prepare it, and then apply the resin after the bonding liquid sets. The dentist will then smooth, trim, and shape the resin to create a natural looking tooth.
Unlike veneers or crowns, composite bonding removes little, if any, of the original tooth.
Composite bonding has many advantages:
- It is a quick process, which typically lasts less than one hour.
- It can be completed in one office visit.
- It does not reduce the tooth’s original structure and is relatively inexpensive.
- Composite resins come in many different shades and provide better matching of shades to the natural color of your teeth.
- Composite bonds, however, are not as durable and long-lasting as veneers and crowns and may need to be re-touched or replaced in the future.
Because they stain more easily, composite bonds require proper care and regular cleaning. You should brush and floss composites daily, especially when eating or using staining elements like coffee, tea, tobacco, foods, and candy.
If you have a tooth that has suffered structural damage due to decay or a fracture, we can restore the structure with a filling for a stronger tooth and more attractive smile. We can also replace broken down metal fillings with a composite white filling that looks better and does not contain mercury.
The days of the horrible looking, unhealthy silver/mercury fillings are over. With tooth-colored resin or porcelain material, you will have a stronger tooth that looks natural.
Comparing White Fillings Versus Silver Amalgam Fillings:
- By bonding to the tooth, white fillings will strengthen the tooth and restore most of the original shape; whereas silver amalgams will weaken the tooth and make it more apt to break. The white filling will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
- Because of the natural color, enhanced strength, and overall comfort and feel, composites are the more popular choice for patients.
- White composite reduces sensitivity to hot and cold, which doesn’t happen with the silver/mercury amalgams.
- Composite restoration requires less removal of the tooth and less structure to place than amalgams, especially when treating new cavities. Composites also require much smaller holes.
- White fillings are healthier because no traces of mercury are used, unlike silver amalgams.
Patients are encouraged to brush and floss daily to prevent any further decay. Excessively hard foods should be avoided because they can damage the filling.